Jon Reiss, independent film director (Better Living Through Circuitry, Cleopatra's Second Husband) and regular contributor to Filmmaker Magazine, recently released his latest film Bomb It! using a hybrid distribution strategy. Following the latest incarnation of this project (a Bomb It! channel on Babelgum, launching in August of 2009), Jon will be releasing a book about his experiences navigating the world of DIY and hybrid film distribution.
THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX (OFFICE): The Ultimate Guide to Film Distribution in the Digital Era is aimed at filmmakers in various stages of the production/post production process. The book will serve as an extensive field guide for navigating the world of independent film distribution.
Learn How To:
- Strategize, budget and build a team for your film's distribution- Identify and connect with your audience
- DIY your theatrical release
- Negotiate and Work with a DVD distributor and still release your DVD yourself
- Navigate digital distributors, aggregators, and the world of digital rights- Market your film on the web- Use Social Networks for driving traffic to your website and webstore
- Monetize film festivals, DVD sales, and digital rights- DIY your publicity and Marketing
- Use the old-school publicity and marketing machine to your benefit
- Create live theatrical events for your film and using those events to create awareness
- Pilot the merging television/cable and digital markets.....and MUCH MORE!THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX OFFICE will be available for sale on shelves (New York and Los Angeles) as well as Jon's website starting September 18th, 2009.
For more information, please visit http://jonreiss.com/blog or www.jonreiss.com.